Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Euphoria anyone?? YES PLEASE!






When I was young, my family will attest to the fact that I was always an outside girl. Playing in the yard, or begging Dad to take me with him to the farm so I could ride the horse...but unfortunately, I was also a horrible procrastinator. Some days, I'd have chores I'd been assigned-ie: clean your room, clean your bathroom, dust your...everything, but since I was a procrastinator, I'd find ANYTHING to do...EXCEPT what I'd been asked. This little chip I had on my shoulder caused me to be inside ALL DAY LONG!


Don't ask me why I didn't just get my ass up and do my chores so I could go outside, as I'm not sure WHY I did this. All I know is that I'd sit in my room on my bed, and look out my window...longing to be out in the elements.

Now, 18 years later, I've grown out of the procrastination issue (for the most part?!)...but my longing to be outside has always retained a special place in my heart. But...since we moved into our house a year ago, this place hasn't entirely felt like home...until now!



So, what does my procrastination versus my love for the outdoors have to do with the price of rice in China you may ask?? WELL, MY YARD IS DONE .....AND IT ONLY TOOK 2 WEEKS THANKS TO THE WONDERFUY GUYS AT FirstGreenLawns!!

I can not even tell you how much I'm enjoying my yards now! I can now call my home...HOME!
All of the pictures on this post are un-edited, Straight Out of Camera (or SOOC) images...but this one is my favorite of the evening! I had some INSANE settings going on. That may look like the moon behind a tree...but actually, that's the SUN! I took this tonight at 6:20 pm
50mm 1.4 lens---f/22, SS:1/2500, ISO 100

No comments: